Tips to Save Energy Today
10 Easy Ways to Save Energy:
- Install a programmable thermostat.This will manage your heating and cooling (HVAC) systems more efficiently and lower your utility bills. You can program the thermostat so that when no one is home, the system isn’t heating or cooling an empty house.
- Air dry dishes instead of using the dishwasher drying cycle.
- Turn off lights and electronic devices when you’re not using them.
- Plug entertainment centers and computers into power strips, and then turn off the power strips when you’re not using the devices. Some modern electronic devices consume energy even when it appears that they’re off.
- Keep your thermostat on your hot water tank/heater to 120°F.
- Use low-flow shower heads, and take short showers instead of baths.
- User your clothes washer with a full load instead of partial.
- Check that all the windows & doors are closed when heating or cooling your home.
- When driving, rapid acceleration and braking wastes gas.
- Look for ENERGY STAR® label on products.These products meet strict efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. EPA and U.S. Department of Energy.
Save Money By Being Efficient